What you will need:
-1 bag of red kidney beans
– Smoked turkey (necks, legs, wings-your choice)
– celery (will need 2-3 stalks)
– 1 medium onion
– 1 green pepper
– 1 can cream of celery soup
– 1 1/2 packs of turkey sausage
– seasoning (celery salt, season all, red pepper-whatever you like)
– Soak red beans overnight or (7-9) hours prior to cooking to soften
– Combine all of the above EXCEPT cream of celery soup into your Crockpot.
– Cover with 1/4 water, not more than 1/2 – depending on how soupy you want it
– Cook on low setting for 7-9 hours or until done.
– Add additional seasoning if necessary
– When beans are done add cream of celery soup (this will thicken up broth) and cook for about 15 more minutes on low.
* This recipe was shared with me by my Soror/Friend. This is the only way I’ve made Red Beans & Rice since then and before it was Zatarrain’s :).