Simple Oven BBQ Chicken, see Recipe
Patti LaBelle’s Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/16 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
- Drain well, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
- Stir into macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
Modifications: I used Triple Cheese Blend cheese in lieu of Muenster.