I mentioned a few weeks ago, we had a Girl’s Night In Game Edition with a Mexican Theme. I volunteered to make Guacamole. We have a nice lil Tex Mex spot in our Uptown area that we frequent for Happy Hour that makes thee best tableside Guac! I had that on my mind and even considered driving out of the way to just pick some up, but good ‘ol Pinterest came through for me! But what had happened was, when I arrived, our hostess with the mostest had already made Guac, so I took my ingredients back home and made it for my damn self! lol
- 1⁄4teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1large Hass avocado (ripe, slightly soft to squeeze)
- 2tablespoons red onions, diced 3/8-inch (I sub green onion for milder taste)
- 2tablespoons jalapenos, finely diced and seeds removed
- 2tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄3cup tomatoes, diced 3/8-inch (remove all insides except tomato flesh, no seeds)
- Using a fork, place it in the middle of the 1/2 lime and squeeze (turning fork) to get the juice in to the bowl. Add the sea salt, white pepper and granulated garlic and stir to combine.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed.
- With a dinner knife, score the avocado every ½ inch, turning knife length-wise and cross-wise to form ½-inch squares.
- Taking each avocado half, place a bouillon spoon between the skin and the pulp. Remove the pulp and place into the mixing bowl.
- With two forks, mash the avocados to make a chunky paste.
- Next add the onion, cilantro, jalapenos and mix to combine. Last, add the tomatoes.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
This recipe did not disappoint! It will be added to my arsenal.
Have you made a new Culinary Delight?